Mississippi Resources for Filmmakers
- List of Audio and Video and other Film Resources in State
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History
- Mississippi Film Office Home
- Mississippi Film and Video Alliance
- University of Southern Mississippi Film Degree
- Delta Music
- Cleveland – Delta International Film and Video Festival
- Jackson – Crossroads Film Festival
- Natchez – Natchez Literary and Cinema Celebration
- Oxford – Oxford Film Festival
- Starkville/West Point – Magnolia Independent Film Festival
- Tupelo – Tupelo Film Festival
Filming in Mississippi
The Mississippi Motion Picture Incentive Program includes a 20% cash rebate for all in-state production expenditures, including non-resident payroll, a 25% cash rebate on all resident payroll, a 7% sales and use tax exemption on most production items, and a 5.5% sales and use tax reduction on most production equipment.
The incentive program applies to motion picture, television, DVD, documentary, and commercial production. There is a $20,000 minimum spend, an $8 million per project rebate cap, and a $20 million annual cap. Check the Mississippi Film Office website at www.filmMississippi.org for more information.